Jazz & Classical Encounters Festival at Spier November 28th just 5 days to go….
We are taking full precautions…. all the COVID-19 regulations will be in place to make your concert experience safe and secure. We would like to make sure all our guests have a fantastic day enjoying the great music but more importantly we want to keep you safe and follow all the COVID-19 regulations.
Arrive earlier to allow for COVID-19 registration (Health questionnaire) and temp check (as per Government regulations) to take place – as from 11h30
NO Mask NO Entry
Doors open at 12.15. Show Starts at 1pm
Free parking for patrons at Vineyards (10 to 15 min walk to Amphitheatre)
Food and drinks available for purchase at the venue
Snapscan method of payment only at the food/drink sales during the concert (cash free venue) Limited credit cards machines will be available
Important….. guests to bring Hats/Sunblock as there is no shading in the Amphitheatre. Bring a jersey/jacket for the evening
No food and drinks to be brought onsite as there will be on sale during the event
Wrap & Pita Station (vegan options available) Burger Station: Chicken, Beef or Falafel & Boerewors Stand. Snack & Sweetie Station: Vegetable samosas, Root Potato crisps, Root Vegetable Crisps, Biltong, Droe wors, Peanuts nuts, Chocolate slab, Smarties
BAR: Wine, ciders, Beers, Soft Drinks, Water, Juice.
We are sad to announce Spha Mdlalose will not be part of this incredible line-up. Spha is recovering from a short illness and is no longer available. We are proud to announce… jazz vocalist and pianist Nomfundo Xaluva. Nomfundo was born and raised in Port Elizabeth, she is a 2-time Metro FM Music Award-winner who began her musical training at the age of 12 with classical piano. She holds a master’s degree in Jazz Studies (Voice & Dissertation) from UCT, where she graduated Cum Laude (with Distinction). For her master’s degree she wrote a dissertation on the music of Mama Africa titled The Analysis of the Musical Style of Miriam Makeba. Nomfundo Xaluva will open the show. She will present new and old work with Thandeka Dladla on backing vocals, Lumanyano Unity Mzi on drums, Steven de Sousa on bass, and Blake Hellaby on piano.
- Doors open at 12:15
- 1st Act – 1pm (Nomfundo Xaluva)
- 1st Break – 2pm (for 30 minutes)
- 2nd Act – 2.30pm (Ancient Voices and friends present: Molweni Bosisi! Ft. Lungiswa Plaatjies, Nomapostile Nyiki, Nomakrestu Xakathugaga, Sarah Evans and Larissa Johnson)
- 2nd Break – 3.30pm (for 30 minutes)
- 3rd Act – 4pm (Navi Yuga: Siya Makuzeni and Darren English collaboration)
- 3rd Break – 5pm (for 30 minutes)
- 4th Act – 5.30pm (Paul Hanmer and Neo Muyanga in Conversation)
- 4th Break – 6.30pm (for 60 minutes)
- 5th Act – 7.30pm (Sisonke Xonti presents uGaba The Migration)
- Event Ends: 8.45pm
- No special price for children so all prices are adult tickets
- 1 x Adult show ticket R 380
- 1 x Adult show and seated dinner in Hotel for 1 person R 770
- 2 x Adult Show tickets and Picnic Basket for Two R 1,225
- 2 x Adult show tickets, Hotel room for 2, Dinner for Two R 3,040
- R125 – live stream (if you are not able to come in person, watch the live and will be available for 72 hours after the event)
Get you Tickets here.
Venue: Spier Wine Farm Amphitheatre
Total Lyneboch, R310 Baden Powell Dr, Lynedoch, Stellenbosch