Jesse Clegg has premiered the beautiful new music video for his latest single, Waiting on the Outcome. The new single is a heartfelt song about finding strength through loss and taking the journey to gain closure and celebrate life.
Watch the video…
“It’s a very personal song to me and was written in a moment in my life where I had to come to terms with losing someone and it was really important for me to capture the emotion of the words visually,” comments Jesse.
In this video, Jesse manages to capture that feeling with solo performances against a backdrop of intimate black-and-white family videos. “The song deals with the complicated feeling of loss – on the one hand there is sadness and fear of change, but there is also something empowering about facing these big moments in life and trusting yourself to get through it.”
The video was shot and directed by Andre Badenhorst, who has also added his creative flair to Jesse’s previous music videos.
“Jesse is a great storyteller and we wanted to make sure that we conveyed his emotional narrative through his performance on camera,” adds Andre.
The song has already started charting on radio stations around South Africa. Recorded from a studio in downtown Los Angeles, California, a few months back, the song was written and produced by Jesse Clegg, Nicholas Furlong (Avicii, 5 Seconds of Summer, Blink-182) and Nicholas Petricca (Walk the Moon), and mixed by Grammy-nominated Tim Pagnotta (Neon Trees, IDK How, St Lucia).
The single is available on all streaming platforms.
This December will see Jesse Clegg embarking on his annual summer tour to the Eastern and Western Cape. Here & Now summer tour dates include:
- 18 December – Morgan Bay Hotel, Morgan Bay
- 19 December – Buffs Club, East London
- 21 December – Die Koelkamers Teater, Paternoster
- 22 December – The Daisy Jones, Stellenbosch
- 23 December – Café Roux, Noordhoek
- 26 December – Mel’s Place, Plettenburg Bay
- 27 December – Blend Country Restaurant, Knysna
- 28 December – Fancourt, George
- 30 December – Strandkombuis, Yzerfontein
- 31 December – Vrede & Lust, Franschhoek Wine Route
- 1 January – Camel Rock, Scarborough
- 3 January – Cornerstone Creek, Hoekwil
- 4 January – St. Francis Brew Pub, St. Francis Bay
- 5 January – Music Kitchen, Gqeberha
- 6 January – Pig & Whistle, Bathurst
- 7 January – Happy Hogs, Hogsback
For more information and ticket links, visit www.jesseclegg.com