The Festive Vegan & Plant Powered Show, SA’s first online food show, happens in November.
The Festive Vegan & Plant Powered Show (FVPPS), which takes place in November, is bringing revolutionary changes to the traditional food and trade show exhibition format.
It will feature a host of international and local chefs – including a finalist from last year’s MasterChef Australia and the UK’s leading vegan chef – as well as exciting cooking demonstrations, expert talks, special appearances, entertainment and The Great Big Festive Vegan Banquet.
The six-hour event, set to take place on Saturday, November 28 from 11am to 5pm, will be an online interactive event that visitors won’t have experienced before and is a precursor to next year’s Vegan & Plant Powered Shows (VPPS) which are scheduled to take place in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
This not-to-be-missed one-day visual experience will allow visitors to meet some big name local and international chefs and discover products and services in an entertaining, engaging and informative way.
The Festive Vegan & Plant Powered Show (FVPPS) will also play host to a wide range of plant-based food and lifestyle brands which will be featured in a virtual expo area. Visitors to the show will be able to interact with exhibitors and make purchases.
The FVPPS is not only for vegans and vegetarians, but also flexitarians, reducetarians, sports enthusiasts, individuals who have compromised their health and those looking for healthier and more ethical lifestyle choices for themselves and their family.
Here are just a few things visitors can expect:
- A customised food show offering top-class 3D graphics and entertainment throughout the lobby, cooking theatres and beyond.
- Engagement with celebrity chefs through live webinars and meet and greets.
- Main Stage – The Plant Kitchen – this cooking theatre will feature celebrity chefs and cooks in action as they demo the best and easiest ways to create exciting vegan and plant-based dishes.
- Expo Area – where visitors will view exhibitors’ brand space in the virtual mall expo area.
- Interactive Masterclasses – where attendees can learn how to make delicious festive treats, bakes and shakes, conscious cocktails and fermented foods. Masterclass hampers will be delivered to participants’ homes in advance.
- Plant Power Talks – panel discussions, expert presentations and industry professionals will share their knowledge on hot topics as well as highlighting key issues audiences might face in the wake of Covid-19.
- The Great Big Festive Vegan Banquet – a sit-down festive menu inspired by the show’s celebrity chefs and enjoyed live online and in-studio by 30 competition winners.
- Demonstration Hub – where exhibitors will demonstrate their products and services.
- Vegan & Meet – Networking sessions – extra special experiences for premium ticket holders.
Says Heidi Warricker, CEO of VPPS and Live Events: “We are very excited to be presenting the Festive Vegan & Plant Powered Show. Food is one of the most important parts of the festive holiday season and online visitors will not only be inspired by demonstrations from a variety of chefs but will also be able to purchase amazing products for their own festive occasions.”
Early bird tickets for the FVPPS are available from Quicket at R80 until October 7 and thereafter they will cost R120.
VPPS will now take place at the Cape Town Convention Centre from Friday, May 28 to Sunday, May 30, 2021. A Johannesburg event is also scheduled with dates to be announced shortly.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES